Banning Technical Race Suits for swimmers aged 12 years and under
Back in August, we let you know of our intention to ban Technical/Performance Race Suits for our swimmers aged 12 years and under.
We’ve now developed a Policy setting out the details of the ban and how this will be enforced. You can find that policy below and in summary-
- In the interests of athlete development and retention, the Board of Swimming Waikato is banning the use of Technical / Performance Race Suits for swimmers aged 12 years and under.
- This ban will be effective at all swim meets hosted by Swimming Waikato or a Swimming Waikato member club.
- This policy will come into effect on 15 December 2018.
- For an initial period of three months (through until 14 March 2019), swimmers aged 12 years and under who inadvertently wear a Technical / Performance Race Suit will be reminded (by Coaches, Team Managers and Technical Officials) that these suits are no longer allowed to be worn.
- From 15 March 2019, swimmers aged 12 years and under, who are wearing a Technical / Performance Race Suit, will be disqualified from that event.