Fairfield Swim Club is a large friendly swimming club based in Hamilton, catering to swimmers of all ages and abilities.
The club train at the Fairfield College outdoor heated pool during summer, and in winter we relocate to Waterworld at Te Rapa. We offer a wide variety of lessons and training regimes for swimmers of ALL ages and competency levels. From Learn to Swim right through to competitive swimming at the highest levels (national and international competition). We also cater for athletes focusing on multi-discipline events such as triathlon.
The Fairfield Swim Club is seeking a Head Coach who is passionate about swimming and has the ability to be involved in the development of our swimmers to their full potential, whilst maintaining their enthusiasm and enjoyment of the sport. It is envisaged that the successful applicant would be able to readily develop a collaborative and productive relationship with the club committee, coaching team, swimmers and their families.
The head coach will:
• Develop the annual and long-term club training plan to meet club objectives
• Design individual and group training and competition programmes.
• Lead the delivery and execution of daily training programmes in accordance with the annual and long term training plan.
• Deliver the top squad(s) daily training sessions
• Oversee and manage the delivery of training programmes by the assistant coach and junior coaches
• Work with the committee to establish an environment that fosters a positive team spirit and encourages commitment, sportsmanship and responsibility in all swimmers
• Attend swim meets as required, including club nights and local, regional and national meets.
• Have the ability to interact effectively with a diverse range of individuals of different ages, abilities and needs
• The ability to work effectively both independently and as a valued member of the team
• Solid, professional attitude, boundaries and standards.
• Minimum silver level coaching accreditation (or ability to obtain)
• Experience as a Head Coach (highly desirable)
• Demonstrated leadership, mentoring skills, and the ability to work as part of a team
• Current First Aid/CPR certificates (or ability to obtain)
• Current Lifeguard certificate (or ability to obtain)
• Current NZSCTA /ASCTA member
A police check will be carried out prior to employment commencing.
All enquiries and applications are in the strictest confidence.
Please email Club President Neil Shirreffs at firstname.lastname@example.org