Hamilton Aquatics is looking for a Lead Coach for junior and age group development. This role will be based at the Hamilton City Council Te Rapa 50m Waterworld facility to lead the Junior program for transition into Age Group swimming.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the recently formed Hamilton Aquatics based out of Waterworld and Hamilton Boys High School.
We are looking for a highly motivated coach who wants to work as part of a coaching team to develop an innovative club program that caters for swimmers of all abilities and goals from Learn to Swim through to National Representation. Hamilton Aquatics is committed to
developing our coaches professionally and this position would suit a coach with long term aspirations within the sport.
The successful applicant will be empowered to implement a holistic program that develops our large junior squads technically and skillfully across all facets of the sport. As the club grows it is expected that the role will also continue to challenge and develop.
This role is a full time position and requires the following:
● Design a training and competition plan that optimises athlete development at appropriate stages.
● Lead the delivery of daily training sessions for assigned squads.
● Work alongside the Head Coach to help deliver senior squad sessions.
● Oversee and manage the delivery of all programs and coaches within the junior squads.
● Maintain quality of standards of junior swimming across all facilities.
● Ability to interact effectively with a diverse range of athletes.
● Strong communication skills across all identified stakeholders.
● Attend swim meets as required.
● Cover the Head Coach when required.
Ideally applicants would possess the following;
● NZSCAT member and hold a silver coaching license (desired)
● Hold a current First Aid Certificate (desired)
● Have previous, relevant coaching experience (essential)
Remuneration will be competitive and in line with the candidates experience.
All applications should be sent to Head Coach Mat Woofe at firstname.lastname@example.org and will be treated with the strictest of confidence.