In light of recent concerns around the spread of Covid-19, Swimming Waikato has decided to postpone our Junior Championships 4-5 April. The wellbeing, health and safety of our swimmers, coaches, volunteers and the general public is our priority. We will look at a future date for these championships and will endeavour to keep you all updated ahead of time.

Swimming Waikato will continue to work closely with our National Federation, local authorities, partners, and clubs to offer as much support and advice as possible.

We ask that you follow the relevant Ministry of Health advice on how to avoid catching or spreading the virus, we also encourage you to look after your health and that of others.

There is no pressure from Swimming Waikato for athletes, coaches, volunteers to attend any organised activity if they feel it will risk their health.

Please see link for information on changes to the Swimming New Zealand calendar Swimming New Zealand – Competition Update

Update 19/03/2020 – Please note that the Waikato Secondary School Championships has also been postponed

Important Websites:

Ministry of Health – Corona Virus Information

Sports New Zealand

Ministry of Health Facebook

Government Helpline on 0800 779 997